Free Customized Workshops for Counties, DOTs, and Design Firms
Short span bridges provide vital links in the nation’s infrastructure network. Yet, nearly a quarter of these bridges are classified as structurally deficient or functionally obsolete.
According to ASCE, more than 30% of existing bridges have exceeded their 50-year design life. This situation presents a significant challenge for cash-strapped state and local governments.
The SSSBA has developed technological and design innovations for bridges under 140 feet that save significant time and costs for county and state bridge officials.
Over the past 10-years, over 13,000 bridge owners and designers have learned about the cost and time advantages of short span steel bridges in SSSBA workshops and conferences throughout North America.
And now, the SSSBA is offering complimentary customized educational guest speakers/webinars and workshops (on-site or virtual) specifically for county engineers, state DOTs, and design firms. The webinars/workshops are taught by industry experts with decades of experience in the cost-effective design and construction of short span bridges.
The workshops can be set up as:
- 1-2 hour webinar on a specific topic (can be used as a “guest speaker” for your event).
- 3-4 hour (half-day) workshop to provide practical information on the safe and cost-effective design, detail, fabrication and installation of short span steel bridges.
- 6 hour (full-day) session to provide an in-depth overview of short span steel bridges.
Suggested topics to select from include:
- Practical and Cost-Effective Steel Bridge Design
- Free Design Tools (eSPAN140 and SIMON)
- Pre-engineered Bridge Solutions
- Coating Solutions (galvanized, painted, and weathering steel)
- Innovative/Accelerated Bridge Construction Options
- Case Studies (from local counties)
- Buried Soil Steel Bridge Structure Alternatives
- Life-Cycle Analysis
For more information or to customize a workshop for your organization, please contact:
Complete The Form To Contact Us
The American Galvanizers Association invites you to attend a 1-hour webinar on hot-dip galvanized steel and sustainable development.
Take advantage of these free steel bridge virtual learning opportunities to advance your resume, academic pursuits, or career.