Video: United for Infrastructure Webinar – Accelerated Steel Bridge Showcase
On September 17, 2020, Dr. Michael Barker presented a webinar titled, “Accelerated Steel Bridge Construction Showcase.”
The webinar was part of United for Infrastructure: A Week to Champion America’s Infrastructure (September 14-21).
Steel bridges meet owners’ and the public’s desire for economy, aesthetics, performance and accelerated construction. Several bridge projects from traditional fabricators and manufacturers and prefabricated built bridge projects will be highlighted to demonstrate their merits.
Michael G. Barker, Ph.D., P.E.
Professor, Department of Civil & Architectural Engineering, University of Wyoming
Director of Education, Short Span Steel Bridge Alliance
- The video of the presentation can be viewed at the top of this page.
- The presentation can also be downloaded directly (PDF, 5mb)
- Dr. Barker noted during his presentation that the SSSBA provides complimentary workshops for bridge owners and designers. For more information, click here.
- The companies highlighted in presentation include (click on the company name for a company contact/additional information and the “video clip” to view the videos Dr. Barker played during the presentation):
- CDR Bridge Systems LLC – (Video Clip)
- Contech Engineered Solutions / Big R Bridge – (Video Clip)
- DeLong’s, Inc. – (Video Clip)
- MaiCo Industries Inc.
- Quality Bridge & Fab, Inc. – (Video Clip)
- SPS Technology North America Ltd. – (Video Clip)
- TrueNorth Steel – (Video Clip)
- U.S. Bridge – (Video Clip)
- Wheeler – (Video Clip)
Please contact us with any additional questions.
Need Assistance With a Project?
Do you have questions or need support for a new or existing project? The Short Span Steel Bridge Alliance (SSSBA) offers free project assistance for bridge owners and designers in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
For assistance, please complete the project assistance form and a steel bridge expert will contact you directly.
Why use the SSSBA’s complimentary project assistance?
- Central source for consultation on code-compliant design of short span steel bridges.
- Industry experts with decades of knowledge on steel design and construction.
- National network of manufacturers and suppliers (U.S., Canada, and Mexico)
West Virginia Department of Highways constructs states first press-brake-formed steel tub girder bridge.
Seven volume research report on the development and testing of steel press brake formed tub girders.